Let’s Celebrate The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
This June we’ll be joining the nation in celebrating The Queen’s 70 years on the throne with a specially extended bank holiday weekend to celebrate the historic milestone. To celebrate this unprecedented anniversary, culminating in a 4 day UK bank holiday weekend from Thursday 2nd to Sunday 5th June we have made sure we are entering into the spirit of the occasion with an extra special curation of our finest pantry essentials that truly are fit for a Queen!!
This year, The Big Lunch will bring the Jubilee celebrations into the heart of every community. to celebrate their connections and get to know each other a little bit better, coming together in a spirit of food, fun and friendship… right up our street (forgive the pun!).
So whether its big or small, The Big Jubilee Lunch - street party, picnic, tea and cake or a garden barbeque, we’ve got our That Pantry King’s & Queen’s covered so dust off the bunting, wave those flags and let’s celebrate!
As much as we love the old school ways with Picnic Pies, Pineapple and Cheese cocktail sticks, Vol au vents, Cucumber sandwiches, Victoria Sandwich cake and Sherry Trifle. Let’s elevate the royal party food and make some new traditions?
- Cartwright & Butler Platinum Teatime Collection – Celebrate in true regal style with this selection of our favourite teatime treats inspired by the decadence and sophistication of afternoon tea in all its splendour. This gorgeous platinum keepsake Gift Set Incudes delicious chocolate brownie biscuits, demerara shortbread made to a family recipe with lashings of butter and a blend of Ceylon black tea and bergamot delivers a smooth, light and delicate taste with a citrusy finish.
- Lay out the tablecloth and set out your favourite teacups and enjoy her Majesty’s favourite tea… Earl Grey! Our Brew Tea Co. Earl Grey is fragrant and citrussy to keep you refreshed all day and blends Ceylon black tea with bergamot oil, orange peel and calendula petals and tastes less like hot perfume, and more like proper tea. No flavour granules. No dust. Just rolled, whole leaves.
- Cartwright & Butler Fig Chutney – dust off the best family China and enhance those crustless sandwiches platters with the perfect example of the alchemy of chutney making at its finest. Cartwright & Butler slowly and very gently cook down ripe figs and sharp apples in dark brown sugar and mellow Modena balsamic vinegar, spiced with cinnamon. The result is a chutney that showcases the jammy, sweet uniqueness of figs.
- If you’re planning on serving a scrumptious Afternoon Tea as part of the celebrations, then of course freshly baked Scones are a must! Whether you spread the cream or lashings of Strawberry Jam first, we’ve got our favourite version of it. As you might expect, it’s all down to the quality of the fresh, field-grown strawberries, to ensure our Cartwright & Butler Strawberry preserve delivers the crowning glory on a scone with clotted cream!!
- If you are planning on serving delicious cold meats and cheese on your party platters, Our Drivers 1906 Pickled Onions will complete this royal buffet!! Hand-selected peeled onions pickled in the traditional way using the famous Driver's secret vinegar recipe, with added spices for the ultimate pickled onion experience.
- If the Queen were to visit we would certainly offer her a wedge of our Botham’s Of Whitby Fruit cake made to a Botham’s family recipe using the finest fruits and combined with sherry, almond and aromatic spices, this fruit cake makes a delicious addition to the trestle tables and can be enjoyed the 'Yorkshire way' with a slice of cheese!!
Get the kids in their decorated crowns, slap on those union jack hats and let’s enjoy a right royal knees up!!