Recipe for Spicy Sausage And Butter Bean Casserole
We’ve found the perfect recipe for our gorgeous Spanish EL Navarrico Butter Beans, or Judiones.
If you are thinking of dusting off the slow cooker or need inspiration for an easy one pot family mid week meal then look no further….
The Judion beans are soft, buttery and creamy and can be turned into a smooth puree, used in salads but here we’ve added these beauties to a quick sausage dish alongside some other That Pantry essentials.
- Sausages 6 herby, spicy ones such as Toulouse
- Oil for frying
- Streaky bacon or That Pantry Pancetta 6 slices, chopped
- Leek 1 large, sliced
- Garlic 1 clove, sliced or a teaspoon of That Pantry Chopped Garlic
- White wine 1 large glass – we recommend our Via Alta Sauvignon Blanc
- Chicken stock 200ml
- Chilli flakes a pinch
- Butter beans 1 x El Navarrico Jar (or 2 x 400g tins) drained and rinsed
- Flat-leaf parsley a small bunch, roughly chopped
- STEP 1
Brown the sausages all over in a little oil in a deep frying pan. Take out of the pan and slice each into 3 chunks on the diagonal.
- STEP 2
Cook the bacon in the same pan until golden, then add the leeks and garlic and cook until the leeks are soft. Add back the sausages, the wine, stock, chilli flakes and butter beans. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until the sausages are cooked through. Season and add the parsley.
Quick, simple and delicious and under 500 calories per serving. Enjoy x